Thursday, October 29, 2009

What's better in your life...?

I was reading A Brand New Roo, when a comment by Dinnerland caught my attention. "What's better in your life having lost all this weight so far? " I wanted to answer this question for myself and for other people considering lapband surgery. I have lost 48 pounds, and the list of "What's better in my life?" is longer than I can type tonight! BUT I will begin...

Part 1

-I no longer need medicine for high blood pressure.
-I sleep deeply and restfully without a C-PAP machine every night.
-I cross my legs easily and without thinking about it.
-I have a lap for my grandchildren to sit in.
-My grown daughter hugs me and squeals "You are so SKINNY! I can wrap my arms all the way around you!"
-I walk around school with a bounce in my step.
-a little boy at school asked me "Is it just me, or have you gotten WAY Taller!" LOL
-My husband compliments me.
-I can buy clothes on the bottom floor of Macy's.
-I am surprised everytime I catch a glimpse of my reflection.
-My aches and pains in the knees, ankles and feet are gone.
-For the first time in a weight loss journey, I am burning my bridges, getting rid of the too-big clothes and having confidence that it WILL happen this time!

I have tears in my eyes as I type this, I am so moved by the difference being banded has made in my life. I will post part 2 in the future! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great list! I'm working on my list of what I hope to accomplish with my weight loss. I'll post it when it is done. Look forward to following your progress.

    Yana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Due to the way the silly followers list goes I hadn't realised you one of mine :) that said: its brilliant you are and I thank you.
    You seem to be going great guns. A 48 pound loss since July is just so awesome and I loved your list (and could identify with a few myself lol)
    The best thing you can do.. is to comment on peoples blogs. Let us know you are here.. loud and proud. Looking forward to more posts from you and congrats on getting your blog up and running.
    Cara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ML-- thx for the shout out-- there isn't really a specific etiquette that I know of, I speak of other bloggers all the time when they say something inspiring to me.
    As for what I said to "Roo"-- that was a calculated response... I sometimes feel that we are so focused on how people LOOK when they loose weight (no criticism to everyone because of course, people look so much better!!) that we forget to focus on the wonderful inner changes and life changes that go on. These things are the most worthwhile to me... Anyway: looking forward to seeing more of your blog and great progress for you!!!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete