Wednesday, November 4, 2009

4th Fill. Ouch!

I had my fourth fill on Monday afternoon, and have actually been having quite a bit of pain from the fill. GETTING the fill doesn’t really hurt, just a little pinch from the pain-killer, but for the next 24 hours, the injection site is swollen and hurts. I had a long day at work yesterday, and then up in the afternoon, I began to feel worse. I was glad to get home to rest. Today has been a good day, tho. How do your fills affect you? I haven’t read much about that.
I had a major “falling off the wagon” over Halloween, as did a lot of people!I haven’t noticed much difference in my eating since my fill, but I have been doing better because I took all the extra candy to school and gave it away. LOL I now have 4.5 ccs in a 10 cc band. I want to go VERY slowly with my fills, because I don’t want to overshoot my sweet spot. I think I want to get another .5 cc every two weeks until it is just right. But that means more fills and more bad days like yesterday. Anyway, I have never had a PB episode, so I am thinking to keep getting filled slowly until I do have an episode, then I will know that I am at the right spot, and that will make me quit eating before I get too full. That is my plan anyway, I hope it works!!

3 comments:

  1. Ouch. You know what, just a thought - but maybe you would do better without the Novocaine to numb it first.. I swear when my Doc told me he was doing fills without it, I almost fell over in shock but after hearing about the trouble (and the pain) you guys go through with it painkiller.. its better this way lol. I do not feel anything more than the tiniest sting (and I'm the biggest baby out with needles!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for commenting on my blog!

    My Dr. seems to be pretty agressive. My first fill was 4 ccs, and my second fill was 2 more for a total of 6 ccs. I think this one will end up being perfect in a little while, once it loosens up a bit. The 4 ccs was definitely not doing it for me. I am glad I went a little quicker with the fills - in part because I have to fly for my fills, and I would be pissed if I only got .5 ccs every time! But it is also hugely motivating to finally feel totally not hungry and not obsessing over food.

    With 4 ccs I was still falling off the wagon, having cravings, eating after meals. Now - NO WAY! Cravings are totally gone. I can't imagine falling off the wagon now. No interest! It is the best!

    I do think some of the PB/sliming issues will be worked out once I figure out what I can and cannot eat, and also slow down even more and chew even more. I have always inhaled food - that has to stop for sure with the band!

    Good luck in your journey! I look forward to hearing how well you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, forgot to say - I also have a 10 cc band.

    ReplyDelete