Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I LOVE Christmas

I LOVE Christmas, the whole Christmas season!! Now please don't ask why, no one quite knows the reason!! (Adapted from How the Grinch... . Can you tell I'm a librarian?) Another quiz.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually wrap, my daughter really likes wrapped better than bags, and I like to make her happy.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake. We had a real tree all the years the kids were home, and they still give us a hard time about it. They want everything to stay the same. I have a pine scented candle for ambience!
3. When do you put up the tree? As quickly after Thanksgiving as I can get my husband to put it up for me. :) I decorate it all by myself, tho.
4. When do you take the tree down? I like to leave it up at least until New Year's Day. My husband usually throws everything in a box when he can't stand it anymore! I would probably keep it up all the time. Have I mentioned that I LOVE Christmas?
5. Do you like eggnog? I adore Boiled Custard. (Not fond of the nutmeg in eggnog)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't remember. I just remember lovely, warm, "Little House on the Prairie" Christmases with my wonderful family.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He is very particular, and much more of a clothes horse than I am.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My son, Brandon. He always types a Christmas list on my computer with links to the exact item he wants! I just have to decide how many things I can afford.
9. How do you decorate your tree--matchy-matchy or hodgepodge? My tree is all country, a mixture of red, wooden, quilted ornaments I made myself, or purchased from folk artists in the Smoky Mountains.
10. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We do one on Christmas eve, which is either a Christmas movie or a game for the family to play on Christmas Eve, and the rest on Christmas morning after Santa comes.
11. Favorite Christmas song? I love Christmas music, I begin listening to only Christmas music right after Halloween, and go straight through New Years. My favorite CD is the Partridge Family Christmas Album!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas, original animated version, NOT Jim Carrey's
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start collecting lists from everyone around Halloween, and it is pretty steady shopping after that.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but rarely.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My moms Pork Roast with apricot glaze
16. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I travel to see friends and family about an hour and a half away.
17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Oh, yes. I've been an elementary librarian for 20 years.
18. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? Be with my children and grandchildren.


Have a great Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute quiz, I copied it on my blog as well!!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - great answers too.
    Merry Christmas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete