Thursday, January 21, 2010

So, what did YOU think??



OK, My sister thought the name of my blog was hilarious! My name is Laurel, and I grew up in the mountains of Kentucky. I have always felt an affinity to mountain laurel, (the flower). I collect mountain laurel pictures and plates, and I have used it in different combinations for my e-mails...for years. BUT when I named my blog about lapbanding that, is the immediate thought in your head, HUGE HULKING MOUNTAIN of a Laurel, or a southern belle flower of a Laurel?? When I first named my blog, "huge mountain" honestly never occurred to me! I am considering changing the title, let me know what YOU thought when you first saw it... (I could name it the incredible shrinking mountain...! LOL! )

8 comments:

  1. No, I didn't think Laurel is a hulking mountain!! I thought of the flower and that it's your name. I guess it is funny since it's a weight loss blog,but I didn't think that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far out - that didn't even occur to me. I just think the name is poetic - even lyrical. I love it! And those pics are so beautiful.. love the flowers... Stay with what you picked I say. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt know what it was I just thought it sounded pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your sister is very clever, although she gets caught up in her cleverness beyond what she should, sometimes. She is a lovely, smart, funny and charming person. Somewhat like her sister. And Mountain Laurel is an excellent name with no negative connotations. So, be nice to your sister.

    Sincerely,
    your sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree-- the name is poetic and lyrical, not insulting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like one of my sisters...we can get each other in hysterics with a look. I too thought of the plant...in fact, I've been thinking about planting one on the edge of my woods...beautiful flowers! Keep it!

    Thanks for finding me...so glad to have another blog to follow...lots of reading to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete